If you’re working from home it does not mean that you’re unavailable for the office meetings. If the reason being unavailable for a meeting is not having a spare webcam, then you have landed yourself on the right page. We are here to help you with a trick with which you can use your iPhone or an iPad as a webcam and exclusively attend your meeting.
There are a number of different applications that you can consider using for your needs for webcam assistance. The best part is that most of these applications are easy to set up, but yes, if you opt for a free version, it will frustrate you with ads and watermarking as well.
The iOS device that’s been functioning on iOS 10.3 or further versions will support these applications. So, even if you are carrying an old iPhone 5 or iPad mini 2, it will help you attend your meeting without any kind of difficulty at all. If you are okay to pay for these applications, you’ll end up getting a lot more than you expect in terms of features. The premium ones work exceptionally well and help you with great options.
Steps To Get Started ( It can differ from one application to another)
- Firstly, it is important for you to download the respective application on your iPad or iPhone. As and when you are done with the installation of the application, it’s time for the next step.
- Secondly, you’ll have to download the driver for macOS or Windows Operating system. Make sure that you restart your device after the driver has been installed in your system.
- Thirdly, as and when the driver is installed, its time to go back to the device where you have downloaded and installed the application. You need to launch it.
- After this, you’ll see that the application is looking for your computer device to get connected with it.
- As and when you launch the application on your computer that features video, the application will get activated and start beaming video to your computer through the Wi-Fi technology.
So, in this way, you will be able to avail of the webcam facility in your computer itself. So, you will not be able to skip your meetings anymore. The resolution and quality of the video will completely depend upon the kind of application you are using. Selecting the premium ones will always help you get the best quality view. But, yes, to make this a seamless experience you must also avail of a microphone so that you can keep the meeting loud and clear without any difficulty whatsoever.
In this way, you can have your set up done all by yourself and exclusively save yourself the time and money while enjoying the office meeting right at your home itself.