Finally, the iPhone and iPad have started to make some moves in terms of the gaming section. Now we can use these iPhone devices like traditional gaming systems as it has started supporting some Playstation DualShock 4 Controllers and Xbox One controllers. So, its an exciting period for the gamers who are also big fans of Apple devices.
As stated above, iPadOS and iOS have now started supporting PlayStation DualShock 4 controllers and Xbox One controllers, we are here to discuss how to make full use of it. But, at present we are here to discuss more about the Xbox One S controller, so that can be clear how you can use it with your iPhone device without any kind of difficulty.
Sadly, you will not be able to use any of the Xbox One gamepads. The reason is that you will actually be needing a Bluetooth-compatible model to get it connected to your iPhone device. So, you need to look for the controllers that have been designed for the Xbox One S (Model 1708) or the new Elite Wireless Controller Series 2. Plus, you will only be able to use these controllers if your device is running on iOS 13 or iPadOS 13 or beyond.
Getting matched with the specifications as stated above is all that but easy. But, the most challenging part of all is to make sure that it has been connected properly. Now many know the steps to have their controller working with their Apple devices. That is why we are here to help. Below mentioned are the steps that will certainly make it easy for you to have your Xbox One controller connected with an iPhone or iPad, take a look:
- First, you need to get to your Settings application.
- After this, you have to tap on the Bluetooth icon and switch it on.
- After you have switched on your Bluetooth, you need to now take your Xbox One controller and switch it on. But, you need to make sure that it is completely charged before going ahead and using it.
- After this, you need to press the button for wireless enrollment present at the back of your Xbox One controller. You need to hold the respective button for a few seconds. After a few seconds, you will observe that the light on the Xbox button will quickly start flashing.
- As and when the flashing begins, you will be able to see “Xbox Wireless Controller” pop up On your iPhone or iPad under the Other Devices section of your Bluetooth menu. You need to press on it.
- When you press, you will observe that the flashing light has stopped on your Xbox button and only stays lit. This means that your Xbox One controller has now been paired with your iPhone or iPad device.
In this way, you will be able to have your Xbox controller connected to the device without any kind of hassle. In the next article, we will be discussing how you can have it disconnected after having great game time. Have a good day.